Summer to Pre-Fall Styling: The Transition
Its about to be that time of year again when you need to revamp your summer to fall wardrobe, which can be tricky. One day its smoldering hot, and the next, you’re bracing yourself from the rain.
But of course you don’t want to get rid of all your summer pieces and purchase an entire fall wardrobe, as much as we’d like to. Don’t be frazzled; just pay close attention. The key to making a chic transformation is to focus on simple elements of your wardrobe and sticking to the basics. Fall is a time of year to have
a ton of fun in your closet because you can mix and match all your fave pieces. Here’s how:
1. Accessories are the answer: add hints of dark leather (gloves, clutches) and scarves in rich pre-fall hues (orange, rust, burgundy, black).
2. Keep your summer frocks in circulation, but add opaque tights for the cooler months.
3. Don’t be afraid to show skin early on. It’s okay to wear your favorite open toes with pants/capris or go bare with a knee-length or A-line skirt.
4. Get a pair of awesome over the knee boots to pair with shorts and minis.
5. Don’t bring out the bulky knits just yet; go lightweight with cashmere.
6. Sheer tops are a no brainer, but layer up as the colder months hit.
7. Nude leather is my favorite. Try a fun cropped leather jacket in ivory and/or camel tones. Wearable year-round.
8. Fitted trousers: in literally any color, even white. Perfect for pre-fall months.